A Brief Look At Our Beliefs
A Brief Look at Our Basic Beliefs. This is not an exhaustive description but a summary of those beliefs that we hold to be true. Below is some information related to common questions about our beliefs and teaching.
We Believe the Bible is:
the Inspired Word of God and the final authority in the life and teaching of His church
(2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3: 15-16)
the Inspired statement of faith for Christ's church and anything said or written should be measured by the Word of God ( 1Peter 4:11)
to be understood by everyone and we endeavor to handle the contents of the Bible correctly and search the scriptures carefully to understand and apply its truths (Acts 17:11)
We Believe God :
- Is Creator of all things and the sovereign ruler of the universe (Genesis 1:1, 26-27; Psalm 24:1)
- Exists eternally in three distinct persons: the Father, the Son & the Holy Spirit ( Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
We Believe Jesus is:
- The one and only unique son of God, who came to earth in human flesh to save us from our sins. ( Matthew 1:21,23; Luke 19:10, John 1:1-2; Philippians 2:5-7))
- An example for all to follow in serving God, the essence of which is to love others. (John 12:26, 13:13-16, 34-35)
- The perfect sacrifice to purify from sin all those who would accept His gift in faith, recognizing that His death and resurrection was necessary. (Romans 5:6-9, Hebrews 4: 14-16)
- Ready to receive His followers into their eternal home when he fulfills his promise to return from heaven. (John 14:1-3, Acts 1:9-11)
We Believe the Holy Spirit is:
One of the three persons who portray and embody God.(Matthew 28:19,John 16:7-15;Acts 5: 3-4)
Living in every Christian, strengthening them in their inner person, leading them in their walk with Christ. (Acts 2:38; Romans 8:9; Ephesians 3: 14-19)
Evidenced by the fruit seen in an increasingly Christ-like life (Galatians 5:22-25)
We Believe Salvation is:
Available to all people, all have sinned and are separated from God because of sin ( Isaiah 59:1-2; Romans 3:23
Being forgiven of sin and receiving eternal life to all who accept and submit to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. (Luke 24:46-47; John 3:16-18; 8:24; Acts 2:38; Romans 6:22-23)
A gift from God that cannot be earned or achieved through good deeds or self improvement.
Extended by God to believers as an act of His grace and mercy, paid for by the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. (Romans 5: 6-10; Ephesians 2:8-10, Hebrews 9:26-28; 1 Peter 1:18-19)
For all believers who embrace this gift, repent of their ways, confess their faith in Jesus as Lord and be baptized in His name for forgiveness. (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:16; Luke 3:3; Acts 2: 36-39; Romans 6: 1-5)
We Believe the Church is:
Made up of people to become the family of God, because of Jesus who gave His life and died to save them. People become believers and respond to that love and sacrifice by being born again and are adopted by God himself, who adds them to the church. (John 3:3-5; Acts 2:27-47; Ephesians 1:3-8; 1 Timothy 3:15-16)
People belonging to God, having received His mercy (1 Peter 2:9-10)
Shine in the love of God's grace, every day.
At the Red Deer Church of Christ,
we encourage you to explore your
relationship with God and others.
Join us each Sunday and experience the warmth of faith
and the strength of our community.